Uttar Pradesh is the largest Wheat producing state of India, followed by Punjab, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh. Sugar cane is the most produced food commodity in India followed by rice and wheat. Sugar cane is the most produced food commodity in India followed by rice and wheat.
Indian State Jammu & Kashmir is the largest producer of Saffron in India and India is the 3rd highest producer of Saffron in World. The state which produces largest amount of saffron is Jammu and Kashmir.
- Barley-Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana.
- Coffee-Karnataka, Tamil Nadu (Nilgiri Hills) and Kerala.
- Tobacco-Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- Wheat-Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana.
- Cotton-Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab.
- Gram and Pulses-Punjab, U.P., Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Karnataka, Maharashtra.
- Groundnut-Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
- Jute-Assam, Meghalaya, West Bengal, Bihar and Orissa.
- Bajra: Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan
- Poppy: Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh
- Coconut: Kerala and Tamil Nadu
- Linseed: Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
- Rubber-Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Spices-Pepper in Kerala and West Bengal, Chillies in West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra; Cardamom in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and Betelnuts in West Bengal.
- Sugarcane-Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Meghalaya, West Bengal, Maharashtra and Punjab.
- Tea-Assam, Kerala, West Bengal, Nilgiri Hills, Uttar Pradesh and Kangra Hills.
- Sesame: Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan
- Sunflower: Maharashtra and Karnataka
- Hemp: Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
- Maize-Bihar, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
- Mustard (Sanson) and Rapeseed-West Bengal, U.P., Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, J & K.
- Potato-U.P., Uttaranchal, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya and Kashmir.
- Rice-West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Haryana.
Which state is rich in jute in India?
Gujarat is largest producer of Cotton, West Bengal is of Jute and Uttar Pradesh. Following is the list of largest producer states of various commodities in India.
Which state is called the ‘rice bowl’ of india?
The ‘ Rice Bowl of India’ is the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has historically held that distinction and within Andhra Pradesh it is the East Godavari district that can be called the ‘Rice Bowl Of Andhra’.