List of The First and Last in India is one of the most important article for anyone who is preparing for various competitive exams. For example, Indian Railways, UPSC, State PSC, Staff Selection Commission, Income Tax, Bank Probationary, and other.
In this article, we have provided important list of first person and last person in India topic.
- Mrs. Vijaylaxmi Pandit-First Indian Lady President of the General Assembly of the U.N.O., Minister of U.P.
- Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon-First Air Force Officer to get Param Vir Chakra (posthumously).
- Mrs. Indira Gandhi-First Lady Prime Minister of India and the First woman to receive the ‘Bharat Ratna’ 1971.
- Mrs. Arti Gupta-First Indian woman to cross the English Channel.
- Miss Reita Faria-First Indian girl to be selected ‘Miss World’ (1966). Various.
- Sucheta Kriplani-First Lady Chief Minister of an Indian State (C M. of U.P-)-
Satyendra Nath Tagore-First Indian to join ICS.
- Aryabhata-First Scientific Satellite of India.
- Sqn. Ldr. Rakesh Sharma-First Indian to go into space.
- Kalpana Chawla-First Indian woman to go into space.
- Anna Rajan George-First woman IAS officer (1950).
- Ganesh V. Mavalankar-First Speaker of Lok Sabha.
- Lord Canning-First Viceroy of India.
- Lord Mountbatten-Last Viceroy of India and the First Governor. General of the Dominion of India.
- C. Rajagopalachari-First and the last Indian Governor General of free India: First Bharat Ratna Award (1954).
- Mother Teresa-First and only Indian Nobel Prize winner for Peace (1979), also received the ‘Bharat Ratna’ (1980) award.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad-First President of the Republic of India.
- Dr. Zakir Husain-First Muslim President of Independent India.
- Bahadur Shah-II-The last king of the Mughal Empire in India.
- R.D. Katari-First Indian to Command the Indian Navy.
- Gen. Kariappa-First Indian Commander-in-Chief of free India.
- Rabindra Nath Tagore-First Nobel Prize winner in India for his Gitanjali.
- C.V. Raman-First Nobel Prize winner for Physics in India.
- Satyajit Ray-First Indian to get Special Oscar Award (1992).
- Sir S.P. Sinha-First Indian Member of the Viceroy’s Executive Council.
- Sher Shah Suri-First Muslim King of India.
- Pt. Jawahar Lai Nehru-First Prime Minister of India.
- Razia Begum-First and the only Muslim Lady who ever sat on the throne of Delhi.
- Sardar Vailabh Bhai Patel-First Deputy Prime Minister of India.
- W.C. Banerjee-First President of Indian National Congress.
- Mrs. Sarojini Naidu-First Lady Governor of a Province in free India.
- S.H.F.J. Manekshah-First Field Marshal of India.
- C.B. Muthamma-First Woman Ambassador of India.
- Miss Bachendri Pal-First Indian Woman to conquer Mt. Everest.
- Hiralal J. Kania-First Chief Justice of India.
- Mrs. Kiran Bedi-The First Lady I.P.S. Officer in India and first woman to receive the ‘Magsaysay Award’ (1994).
- Tenzing Norgay-First Indian to climb Mt. Everest. He was also the first conqueror of Mt. Everest on May 29, 1953.
- Narsimha Rao-First Prime Minister from South India.
- Lala Amarnath-First century maker in Test Cricket for India (1933).
- Devika Rani-First Dada Saheb Phalke Award winner (1969).