Health sector is one of the growing sectors in India. In last two decades, people buy health insurance to protect sudden huge expenses. Thus, salaries in health sectors must be good, specially among the high-skill workforce. People started taking interest in various health sector positions. In earlier period, doctor and nurse were the most popular and important posts. As of now, other designations are also attracting more people.
So, let’s see how much each position earns per month or per year.
Health Sector Salaries in India: A Complete List with Salary Information
Some salaries are quoted in per month and remaining are in per year. For few posts / designations, salary information is not available. If you know salary info for unavailable designations, please let us know through comments or email. The salary information is given below:
- Health Sanitary Inspector Salary: Rs. 15000 per month (fresher)
- Health Assistant Salary: Rs. 15,509 per month (Average salary)
- MPH Professionals Salary: Rs. 70,000 – 1 lakh per month (4 years experience or more)
- Indian Army Doctor Salary: Rs. 86600 (Approx.)
- Indian Army All Specialists Doctors: Rs. 87000 (Approx.)
- Indian Army OIC (Officer In-charge Polyclinics): Rs. 75,000 (Approx.)
- Indian Army Medical Officers: Rs. 75,000 (Approx.)
- Indian Army Dental Officers: Rs. 75,000 (Approx.)
- MBBS Doctor Salary in Government Hospital: Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 50,000 Approx.
- Pharmacist (Government Hospitals) Salary: No info available
- Pharmacist (Indian Railways) Salary: No info available
- Compounder in Government Hospital (Central Service): PB-1 (Rs.5200- 20200) Grade Pay- Rs. 2800/-
- Compounder in Private Hospital in India Salary: Rs. 5,000 – 40,000 (based on experience)
- Staff Nurse Salary (MCD, NDMC, ESIC Hospitals etc): PB-2 ( RS 9300 -34800 ) Grade Pay – 4600
- Lab Technician Salary (Government Hospital): No info available
- Pathologist (Government Hospital): No info available
- Veterinary Doctor (Government Hospital): Rs. 45,000 – Rs. 55,000 (approx.)
- Veterinary Doctor (Private Hospital): Rs. 15,000 – Rs. 1,00,000 (based on experience)
- Ayurvedic Doctor Salary (Government Hospital): No info available
- BHMS Doctor Salary – Homeopathic Doctor (Government Hospital): No info available
- BHMS Doctor Salary in India (Private Hospital or Practice): Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 1,00,000 (based on experience)
- Medical Representative (MR) Salary: Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 1,00,000 (based on experience and work profile)
The board of directors in health sector earns good money especially in the US.
Article last re-published on November 6, 2020.