Women’s Day or International Women’s Day is a popular celebration around the world. It is celebrated on March 8 every year around the world. On this day, each country celebrates the achievements of women in cultural, political, social and economic.
Official Holiday in Many Countries
International Women’s Day or simply Women’s Day is a public holiday in many countries, including Afghanistan, Zambia, Angola, Vietnam, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Belarus, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Turkmenistan, Cambodia, Tajikistan, China, Russia, Cuba, Nepal, Moldova, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Eritrea, Georgia, Madagascar, Macedonia, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, and Guinea-Bissau.
Importance and Purpose
International Women’s Day or simply Women’s Day is celebrated each year around the world to improve the situation of women. In addition to that, this day also useful to create more awareness about the problems of women’s they face in their daily life.
UN Themes By Years
- 1996 – Celebrating the Past, Planning for the Future
- 1997 – Women and the Peace Table
- 1998 – Women and Human Rights
- 1999 – World Free of Violence Against Women
- 2000 – Women Uniting for Peace
- 2001 – Women and Peace: Women Managing Conflicts
- 2002 – Afghan Women Today: Realities and Opportunities
- 2003 – Gender Equality and the Millennium Development Goals
- 2004 – Women and HIV/AIDS
- 2005 – Gender Equality Beyond 2005; Building a More Secure Future
- 2006 – Women in Decision-making
- 2007 – Ending Impunity for Violence Against Women and Girls
- 2008 – Investing in Women and Girls
- 2009 – Women and Men United to End Violence Against Women and Girls
- 2010 – Equal Rights, Equal Opportunities: Progress for All
- 2011 – Equal Access to Education, Training, and Science and Technology: Pathway to Decent Work for Women
- 2012 – Empower Rural Women, End Poverty and Hunger
- 2013 – A Promise is a Promise: Time for Action to End Violence Against Women
- 2014 – Equality for Women is Progress for All
- 2015 – Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it!
- 2016 – Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
- 2017 – Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
Use of Technology in Wishing Each Other on Women’s Day
This festival or day became just another day of celebration like Mother’s Day, Friendship Day, or Valentine’s Day. However, millions of people wish Happy Women’s Day on social media platforms, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and other. It’s a new form of sharing voice together!
-Essay on Women’s Day Ends Here-
Important Note: An Essay on Women’s Day or International Women’s Day could be translated in Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, and other languages. We strongly recommends Google translation tool for this purpose.
Related Article: Essay on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Article Title: An Essay on Women’s Day for Students, Kids and Children
Article last re-published on March 9, 2020. Original.